Make a complaint for someone else

You can make a complaint on behalf of another person, such as a client, neighbour or family member. They will need to give their permission. You can also make a complaint on behalf of a business. 

If you’re complaining on behalf of a family member or friend, they can authorise this over the phone.

If you’re a financial counsellor, solicitor, accountant or other paid advocate, we usually need your client’s written permission. They can give this by filling out an Authority to Act form. Download the form for: 

There’s more detailed information in our Fact Sheet 31: Acting on behalf of someone else with an EWOV complaint [PDF, 190 KB].