- Exciting opportunity for a senior contributor in research and communications
- Fantastic staff benefits and a friendly and supportive team
- Modern offices in an ideal CBD location
Who are we?
The Energy and Water Ombudsman (Victoria) (EWOV) is a not-for-profit, independent and impartial dispute resolution service. We provide Victorian energy and water customers with free, accessible, informal and fast dispute resolution. EWOV is one of the most respected and effective Ombudsman schemes in Australia. We take pride in building a culture centred on developing and nurturing our staff in order to provide the best possible service to our customers.
A bit about the role
We are seeking a resourceful Senior Research and Communications Officer to work as part of our Research and Communications Team, to contribute to our research, reporting and engagement initiatives. Whilst developing and maintaining collaborative internal and external relationships, you will produce reports, write policy submissions, and play a key role in developing and executing communication strategies.
The role includes:
- proactively monitoring and interpreting EWOV complaint trends, and industry and regulatory developments
- crafting comprehensive and engaging communication materials, including web content, factsheets and briefing papers, for a wide-ranging audience including customers, community groups, regulators, industry groups and internal stakeholders
- project managing the production of high quality reports, articles and other forms of information for EWOV’s internal and external stakeholders
- preparing submission responses to policy consultations based on complaint data, and briefing EWOV staff on changes that may affect customers
- representing EWOV in industry forums, workshops, community consultations and other opportunities to drive awareness of the scheme
Strong critical analysis and reporting skills, high attention to detail, excellent writing skills and experience in managing stakeholder relationships are a must. Experience in customer complaints, or the energy and water industries, will be highly valued for this role.
EWOV is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a safe, healthy and harassment-free workplace. Please visit the careers section of our website to view EWOV’s Cultural Values and staff benefits.
For further information or a confidential discussion, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact EWOV’s People and Development Team on (03) 8672 4332.
View the position description and key selection criteria for this role:
Senior Research and Communications Officer Position Description.pdf
If you are interested in this opportunity please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by close of business Wednesday, 28 February 2018.