We're the Energy and Water Ombudsman Victoria, also known as EWOV. We're a free and independent dispute resolution body for Victorian energy and water customers.
EWOV provides customers with an accessible, informal, and speedy alternative to formal legal processes. We are not a government body or regulator. We're independent, and our goal is to help customers resolve complaints by achieving fair and reasonable outcomes for all parties.
We can help with most of your electricity, gas or water issues including:
- how and when you are billed;
- your payment arrangements;
- disconnection or restriction of your supply;
- debt collection;
- the provision of your service;
- … and the switching of your account to another company.
You can also come to us with issues about:
- marketing by a company or its representatives;
- electricity poles and wires;
- Gas and water pipes;
- ... as well as vegetation management.
EWOV is committed to helping customers, but there are some areas we are unable to investigate, these include:
- the setting of prices or tariffs;
- the content of government policies, legislation, licences and codes;
- … and complaints which are being or have been considered by a court or tribunal.
To learn more about us, get in touch. You can find out more about how we can and can’t help on our website, or give us a call. Head to ewov.com.au for more details.
EWOV - Listen. Assist. Resolve.