How to resolve your complaint


We're the Energy and Water Ombudsman Victoria, also known as EWOV. We're a free and independent dispute resolution body for Victorian energy and water customers.

In order to resolve your complaint, it helps to do your research and ensure you’re aware of your rights as well as your responsibilities.

Before you contact us, it’s important to remember that in most cases EWOV will ask you to first attempt to raise your complaint with your energy or water company, if it hasn’t had already the opportunity to resolve it.

Be sure you do this by:

  • Contacting your company and voicing your concerns;
  • If your complaint is not resolved, ask to speak to a manager;
  • … while on the call, make sure you take notes, for example - who you spoke to, date, time, and what was said and agreed to.

If you are unable to resolve the complaint directly, contact EWOV. It helps if you:

  • Give us as much detail as possible about your complaint;
  • Have your account details and bills handy;
  • Know what you want to resolve the complaint;
  • … and consider what is fair and reasonable for you and your company.

While your complaint is underway you will need to continue to make payments towards amounts that are not in dispute, and stay in touch with us. If we're unable to contact you we can't progress your complaint and may have to close it.

You can learn more about lodging a complaint with EWOV and what happens once you do on our website, or give us a call. Head to for more details.

EWOV - Listen. Assist. Resolve.