How your water company should help
By law, water companies have to offer help. They might:
- give you more time to pay the bill
- work out a plan to pay overtime in instalments you can afford
- check that you’re receiving government concessions and grants you’re entitled to
- refer you to a free, independent financial counsellor for advice
- give you water efficiency advice to help reduce your bills
- let you pay bills through Centrepay – smaller fortnightly payments taken directly from Centrelink payments.