Sometimes, things go wrong and your energy or water company makes a mistake on your bill.
Types of billing mistakes
There are many errors that can be made on an energy or water bill. For example:
- your concessions or discounts aren’t included
- a payment you made got lost in the system and wasn’t credited to your account
- there is a mistake in your meter data, or the meter isn’t working properly
- the company estimated how much energy or water you used, and the estimate is too low or too high.
If you have solar panels [PDF, 321 KB], there are other mistakes that your company might make on your bill. For example:
- solar credits aren’t included on your bill
- the wrong feed-in tariff is used.
What to do if you think there’s a mistake on your bill
If you think there’s a mistake on your bill, contact your company and explain the problem. If you’re not happy with their response, call EWOV.
If you have stopped receiving concessions [PDF, 748 KB] on your bill, make sure your company has up-to-date concession card details for you. You should also check that the name on your concession card and the name on your energy or water account match exactly.
If you’re an embedded network customer, please read here about applying for a concession.