Sometimes, things go wrong and your energy or water company makes a mistake on your bill.
Types of billing mistakes
There are many errors that can be made on an energy or water bill. For example:
- your concessions or discounts aren’t included
- a payment you made got lost in the system and wasn’t credited to your account
- there is a mistake in your meter data, or the meter isn’t working properly
- the company estimated how much energy or water you used, and the estimate is too low or too high.
If you have solar panels [PDF, 321 KB], there are other mistakes that your company might make on your bill. For example:
- solar credits aren’t included on your bill
- the wrong feed-in tariff is used.
What to do if you think there’s a mistake on your bill
If you think there’s a mistake on your bill, contact your company and explain the problem. If you’re not happy with their response, call EWOV.
If you have stopped receiving concessions [PDF, 748 KB] on your bill, make sure your company has up-to-date concession card details for you. You should also check that the name on your concession card and the name on your energy or water account match exactly.