Your new organisation
The Energy and Water Ombudsman (Victoria) (EWOV) is a not-for-profit, independent and impartial dispute resolution service. We provide Victorian energy and water customers with free, accessible and informal dispute resolution. We take pride in building a culture centred on developing and nurturing our people in order to provide the best possible service to our customers.
Your new role
We’re looking for someone interested in influencing systemic change in the energy and water market. To be the perfect candidate for this role, you’ll have a unique blend of detailed, investigative capabilities balanced with strategic and critical thinking. The Systemic Issues and Policy Specialist role, together with EWOV’s growing Communications & Policy Team, is critical to how we make a difference for our customers by influencing policy and industry change.
The role includes:
- Identifying and analysing systemic issues and reporting on these to communicate significant findings, insights and potential impacts to relevant internal and external audiences
- Maintaining awareness of emerging policy and regulatory activity and engaging in relevant processes with stakeholders
- Working with industry to understand emerging issues and the anticipated impact on EWOV’s case handling processes and performance
- Informing the development of staff, practices and processes to improve EWOV outcomes through systemic issue insights and functional management of Wrongful Disconnection Payment assessments
- You’ll have a sharp, analytical eye for detail, but you’re also able to think critically to understand what business insights can be drawn from our data and cases
- You value your internal and external stakeholder relationships, and are able to positively collaborate, negotiate and influence
- It would be ideal if you had experience in alternative dispute resolution, law or policy, but if not you’ll quickly absorb EWOV’s industry and operational knowledge
- You have an exceptional ability to communicate with people at all levels and work as part of a team
- You have expertise and proven capability in all written and verbal communication
What you'll get in return
You will be welcomed into a professional and supportive team environment within EWOV’s Communications and Policy Team. We also offer:
- Flexible working programs
- An inclusive team culture that promotes collaboration and innovation
- A range of wellbeing initiatives
- Professional development opportunities
EWOV recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
If you would like more information about the role, reach out to EWOV’s People and Culture Team for a confidential discussion on email@example.com.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your CV with a cover letter for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can’t see a closing date on the advert? That’s because we may start looking at applications sooner rather than later, so be sure to apply today.
We are currently accepting applications from direct applicants only. No agency referrals will be accepted at this stage.
EWOV is committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people, as well as visitors to our office and events. EWOV has introduced a COVID-19 Vaccination policy in line with Government guidelines that requires all staff, contractors and visitors to be fully vaccinated to be able to access our office and attend work/community events.