Early Resolution Officer – full time
Salary $70,000-$75,000 + 10.5% super
Your new organisation
The Energy and Water Ombudsman (Victoria) (EWOV) is a not-for-profit, independent and impartial dispute resolution service. We provide Victorian energy and water customers with free, accessible and informal dispute resolution. We take pride in building a culture centred on developing and nurturing our people in order to provide the best possible service to our customers.
Your new role
The Early Resolution Officer is a primary customer interfacing role responsible for all initial contact with our customers. You will balance incoming customer enquiries, new case registration, Stage 1 case handling and resolving customers issues through referral, advice and the resolution of straightforward matters. These tasks are performed either via phone, email, WebChat and SMS in addition to attendance at inperson (and virtual) outreach events.
You’ll also have opportunities to work on innovative projects for the organisation, participate in outreach activities, assist to deliver quality improvements and explore EWOV’s commitment to career progression through areas of Conciliation or Leadership.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience resolving complaints in a predominantly phone-based environment and understand the importance of being the initial contact for our customers.
A sound working knowledge, or ability to gain such knowledge, of the Victorian energy and water sectors, including detailed knowledge of the electricity, gas and water regulatory/legislative framework, will also hold you in good stead to ensure you can deliver outstanding customer service.
- Ability to work as part of a close knit and professional team in a way that supports and promotes the achievement of organisational and strategic objectives, as well as cultural values
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including highly developed interpersonal skills and high levels of composure and resilience
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and administrative skills in assessing, prioritising and completing set tasks in a timely way
- Highly developed analytical, lateral thinking and problem-solving skills, coupled with the ability to apply sound, independent judgement
- Previous experience resolving complaints within an Industry Ombudsman Scheme, or within another dispute resolution environment would be advantageous
What you'll get in return
You’ll be joining a close knit and professional organisation within EWOV’s Operations and Experience Team. We also:
- Encourage and promote flexible working programs and a blend of working from home and office
- Celebrate our inclusive team culture that supports each other, collaborates and innovates
- Have a great track record for providing pathways for individual professional development and growth beyond your core role
- Live and breathe wellbeing with a varied program that has something for everyone
EWOV recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. You can learn more and view the position description on our website.
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please email your CV with a cover letter for consideration to email@example.com.
Can’t see a closing date on the advert? That’s because we may start looking at applications sooner rather than later, so be sure to apply today.
If you would like more information about the role, reach out to EWOV’s People and Culture Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
EWOV is committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people, as well as visitors to our office and events. EWOV has a COVID-19 Vaccination policy that requires all staff, contractors and visitors to be fully vaccinated to be able to access our office and attend work/community events. We will consider valid exemptions and make reasonable adjustments.