If you are unable to resolve a problem with your electricity, gas or water provider, the Energy and Water Ombudsman (Victoria) can help. Our services are free and independent.

Remember that you must try to solve the problem with your electricity, gas or water provider before you call us.

The Energy and Water Ombudsman (Victoria) is open for business between 8:30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Ring us: 1800 500 509 (Freecall)
  • If you have a restricted phone service, ring us on 12550 (Telstra reverse charges) and quote (03) 8672 4450. We will accept the reverse charges and the call cost.

  • If you are calling from a mobile phone, tell us and we can ring you back.

Lodge a complaint online: Online complaints form

Email us at: ewovinfo@ewov.com.au

Write to us: Reply Paid 469 Melbourne VIC 8060 (we accept letters in Braille)

Fax us: 1800 500 549 (Freefax)

Interpreter service: 131 450 (you can call us on 1800 500 509 and we will organise an interpreter for you).

National Relay Service (for the hearing and speech impaired):

National Relay Service website

Speak and Read

If you can speak, but cannot hear call:
133 677 or 1800 555 677 (Freecall)

Type and Listen 

If you can hear, but not speak call:
133 677 or 1800 555 677 (Freecall)

Speak and Listen

If you are hard to understand on the phone call:
1300 555 727 or 1800 555 677 (Freecall)






Before you contact EWOV with your complaint, you must first try to resolve the issue with your electricity, gas (including LPG) or water company.

If you're not sure which company you're with, check your bill.

If you know the name of your company, but can’t find the phone number, check our list of EWOV scheme participants.

If the company’s call centre representative can’t sort it out for you, ask to speak with a supervisor or someone else at a higher level.